The OFIFC’s Indigenous Youth Council (OFIFC – IYC) is calling out for youth from the Southeast region to become a member of the OFIFC – IYC and fill the vacant Southeast Regional Representative position.
The OFIFC – IYC is hoping to fill the position to ensure a full council. The term is six months, from February to July 2023, to fill a current vacant term. They can be re-elected at the Annual Youth Elections Assembly (AYEA) happening in Niagara July this year.
Listed below are the qualification requirements, as well as the regional representative responsibilities:
Southeast Region: Brantford, Fort Erie, Hamilton, Niagara Regional, Peterborough (Nogojiwanong), Ottawa (Odawa), Peel (The Indigenous Network), Toronto. Regional Representatives
- Attend the monthly conference calls and two face to face meetings over the course of the year;
- Maintain contact with local Friendship Centre’s within their respective region;
- Identify concerns and/or issues that affect the youth within their region;
- Assist with writing or verbal delivery of regional reports; and
- Keep OFIFC – IYC Executive Committee updated on local youth initiatives, events, and activities.
- Are between 18 and 24 years old;
- Have support from their local Friendship Centre and are actively involved within the Centre;
- Upon joining the council, they must obtain a Vulnerable Sectors Check from the Canadian Police Information Centre within 90 days of election;
- Provide a Letter of Support from their Friendship Centre, which can be from a staff persons or Executive Director (see attached template); and
- Provide a Letter of Intent (see attached template).
Please have interested youth send their contact information, Letter of Intent and Support Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20, 2023. If you have any questions or need supports in applying for a position, please contact Youth Engagement Facilitator, Ella Rose via email at email@example.com or via phone at 416-956-7575 ext. 428.